Dr. says that Carter has an ear infection in both ears. Looks like we caught them early, but are bad enough to warrant a round of antibiotics. Along with the ear infections, and probably the cause of them as well, is a terrible upper respiratory infection. I tend to be too sensitive about these types of issues and take his illnesses personally. Like it was something that I did or didn't do that caused him to get sick. Did I take him outside and not bundle him up enough, was he outside for too long in the cold, did I cause him to get sick by running the warm humidifier too much, or is it my fault because we did too many playgroups with other kids. Now I grapple with what to do to prevent this from occurring again or if there is even anything different that I should do. Do the benefits of having him socialize with other kids outweigh the negatives of the constant germ passing? Oh what I wouldn't give to be a man. To just make a decision and worry about the consequences later. To lay my head down to sleep, and my brain actually shut down. I'm not sure who is really worse off, now that I am reading what I have written, me or Carter. And just in case you weren't sure, that is a rhetorical question :)
One sick kid, or mom, not sure which......
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Posted by Jeff and Tiff at 2:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh Tiffany,
Welcome to Motherhood. It's nothing you did or didn't do; just accept the fact that kids get sick. They have to build up their resistance and that takes time.
Love Toni
OMG!!! You are thinking to much and need to have more children. The more you have, the less you worry because you don't have time!!!
You are so entertaining! :)
Hugs!
Julie
Post a Comment